[PSRList] Message From Refugee 613- Opportunity to inform change! ‘Sponsor-the-Stranger’ Facilitator Survey by Nov 30

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca
Thu Nov 5 11:12:31 EST 2020

Dear All,

I hope this email finds you well. I am sharing a message from Refugee 613. Please see below and connect with Kaylee Perez, ReSpo Project Coordinator, cc’d here, if you have any follow up questions.

"Hello!

We’re looking to better understand what ‘sponsor the stranger’ looks like in Canada and need your help. The first step is to complete this survey and then share it with other people and organizations like yourself doing this important work.

The survey closes November 30, 2020.

This is an opportunity to share about your experience and propose ideas for what change needs to look like! Read on for more details or start the survey now.

Why should YOU fill in this survey?

If you care about strengthening the ways Canada facilitates ‘sponsor the stranger’ sponsorships, care about growing the ways our communities are mutually transformed by the resettlement of refugees, and want to inform the evolution of what this will look like in the future, we want to hear from you!

Who is this survey for?

This survey is for Sponsorship Agreement Holders, Settlement Providing Organizations, and Repeat Sponsorship Groups who engaged in a ‘sponsor-the-stranger’ type sponsorship.

We’re looking for input from organizations, groups, and individuals who facilitate ‘sponsor-the-stranger’ type sponsorships [eg. facilitate sponsorships through the Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR), Joint Assistance Sponsorship (JAS), Rainbow Refugee Assistance Partnership, etc.].

Why are we doing it?
We want to learn more about the sponsorship ecosystem and how new sponsors are recruited to participate in ‘sponsor-the-stranger’ type programs in Canada.

This survey is part of a larger project called ReSpo - Reviewing and Renewing Refugee Sponsorship<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UHuN-G-kxKztYgrN19GI-1ubNt0az3ef/view>. Our goal is to deepen our collective understanding of the ‘sponsor-the-stranger’ sponsorship ecosystem, develop sponsor mobilization strategies, tools, and resources, and suggest promising practices necessary to build foundations for the long term sustainable growth of the BVOR program.

It will only take 10-15 min to complete, and by completing it, you can get entered into a draw for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes worth $50!

Who is conducting this survey?

Refugee613<https://www.refugee613.ca/pages/about-refugee-613> is the lead for the project in partnership with various stakeholders, and funded by The Shapiro Foundation<https://theshapirofoundation.org/>. A big thanks for the ReSpo Research Working Group members for their support and effort!

Click here to start the survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ReSpoSponsorSurveyRSTP> .It closes on November 30, 2020, so please share it with your networks as soon as you can.

Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.

Serving with you,

Refugee613’s ReSpo Team

For additional questions about the survey contact:

Kaylee Perez, ReSpo Project Coordinator

kaylee at refugee613.ca<mailto:kaylee at refugee613.ca>

(519) 404-8822

Note: In the office Mon - Wed, available outside of these days by request only "

Have a great day.

 Regards,

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh, Refugee Resettlement Project Worker | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program |  55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X4

Tel: 416.290.1700 ext. 2403 | Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701 | paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca<mailto:paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca> | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>

Attention:

Thank you for contacting RSTP. The well-being of our staff, clients and volunteers is our highest priority. We remain closed for in-person visits during COVID-19, but we can help you over the phone or online. Check our "Contact Us" tab on our website www.rstp.ca<http://www.ccscan.ca> for our phone numbers and our email address. Thank you.