[PSRList] Fw: Provincial Navigation Line - Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres

Yosief Araya yaraya at rstp.ca
Fri May 22 10:37:04 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We are forwarding a message about an important new service- a telephone navigation line - for victims of sexual and domestic violence during COVID-19 pandemic.

Regards, Yosief

May 19, 2020

Dear Community Partners:

The Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres<https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/> (ONSA/DVTC) has established a 24/7 nurse-staffed telephone navigation line to assist service providers and victims/survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence during COVID-19.

COVID-19 may have impacted your local Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre’s (SA/DVTC) ability to ensure 24/7 service.  This line has been established to increase access to services across the province, through the provision of information, resources, care, support, and navigation to SA/DVTCs across Ontario.

For regular service, please contact your local program per your usual protocol. If you have any challenges accessing service through the normal processes, call the navigation line below:

1-855-NAV-SADV (1-855-628-7238)

Please note that this navigation line does not replace our in-person services, where available, in our 36 centres and is not a crisis line.

When an individual or service provider calls the line, they will hear a message that explains the phone line purpose, our limits of confidentiality, and that we are not an anonymous service.  If the caller agrees and consents to continue the call, they will speak with a nurse. The nurse will:

  1.  Provide information regarding service availability and resources
  2.  Discuss options for care, including health and forensic needs
  3.  Document history of assault and client concerns in order to establish plan of care
  4.  Facilitate access to the local SA/DVTC if in-person care is requested

We hope that this added resource helps to facilitate access to care during these unprecedented times, as we all work together to provide comprehensive care to survivors.

If you have any questions, please contact:

 Sheila Macdonald, Director Ontario Network of SAD/VTC’s

Sheila.macdonald at wchospital.ca<mailto:Sheila.macdonald at wchospital.ca>

Phone: 416-323-6400 ext 4472

Yosief Araya Director | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program | Catholic Crosscultural Services

55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, ON M1P 4X4

Tel: 416.290.1700 Ext 2402<mailto:416.290.1700%20New%20Ext.number%20%202402>, Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701<tel:1.877.290.1701> | Fax: 416.290.1710<tel:416.290.1710> | yaraya at rstp.ca<mailto:yaraya at rstp.ca>,

www.rstp.ca<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rstp.ca%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccb16962415104146da6708d7d0ff7489%7Ca5827fca282b40a69875772ff7768431%7C0%7C1%7C637207668074364845&sdata=9i7aMSnr7nInhXw5rf7vmwDkpbofFEM1rSO%2BUQd8PvE%3D&reserved=0>

Attention:

Thank you for contacting RSTP. The well-being of our staff, clients and volunteers is our highest priority. We remain closed for in-person visits during COVID-19, but we can help you over the phone or online. Check our "Contact Us"<http://www.rstp.ca/en/contact-us/> tab on our website www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca>for our phone numbers and our email address. Thank you.