[PSRList] Guidance from IRCC for Private Sponsors Regarding COVID-19 and Links to Multi-Language IRCC Resources

Suneet Kharay skharay at rstp.ca
Fri May 8 12:34:44 EDT 2020

Dear Sponsors,

Please find attached a document produced by IRCC intended to assist sponsors in understanding how cases in process are affected by COVID-19 and, for refugees already in Canada, how sponsors can continue to fulfill their sponsorship role while also addressing the unique settlement needs of sponsored refugees during this difficult time.

In addition, IRCC has translated some existing COVID-19 resources into various languages, including information on the financial assistance programs available to newcomers, temporary residents and refugees (if they meet the eligibility requirements for each program):

  *   English: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/financial-assistance.html
  *   French: https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/coronavirus-covid19/aide-financiere.html

Updated information on how COVID-19 is affecting refugee sponsorship to Canada and other immigration programs can be found on IRCC's website at the links below:

  *   English: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html
  *   French: https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/coronavirus-covid19.html

The attached documents and the links above are also available on RSTP's COVID-19 hub at:

http://www.rstp.ca/en/resources/covid-19-updates/

Please contact us if there are any issues with accessing the documents or the links.

Best regards,

Suneet

Suneet Kharay, Senior Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program
55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X4
Tel: 416.290.1700 ext. 2414 | Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701 | skharay at rstp.ca<mailto:skharay at rstp.ca> | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/RSTP_ca>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/The-Refugee-Sponsorship-Training-Program-301867363165089/> and YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/RefugeeSponsorship/feed>

Attention:

Thank you for contacting RSTP. The well-being of our staff, clients and volunteers is our highest priority. We remain closed for in-person visits during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we can help you over the phone, via email, through webinars, online meetings and online training sessions.

Please check the "Contact Us" page on our website at http://www.rstp.ca/en/contact-us/ for the contact information of your nearest RSTP Trainer. Thank you.