[PSRList] World Refugee Day online celebrations

Fiona Connelly fconnelly at rstp.ca
Tue Jun 16 17:25:34 EDT 2020

Dear friends:

This Saturday, June 20th we celebrate World Refugee Day around the world.

This is a time to recognize the resilience, strength and courage of the more than 70 million forcibly displaced people worldwide.

This has been a challenging year for everyone, and it is even more so for vulnerable displaced populations.

While we may not be able this year to participate in World Refugee Day celebrations in person, there are some wonderful events taking place online.

We encourage everyone to take a look at the following events and join some of these World Refugee Day celebrations.

As well, RSTP will be sharing World Refugee Day events on social media all week.

Follow us on Facebook: The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (@RSTP1): https://www.facebook.com/RSTP1/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARC9IBu_MMmHPaHQjj1MSuTHptqZaROdCuwjR3IZZF-KySWwEFq-80-yYvAVrN2p9cm12SeT_3gKvsKc

And on Twitter: @RSTP_ca  https://twitter.com/home<https://twitter.com/home>

Here is UNHCR's list of World Refugee Day events in Canada:
https://www.unhcr.org/refugeeday/wrd2020-events/

On June 20, WRD, you can join a special free Vimeo screening of  "I am Rohingya: a genocide in four acts"   https://vimeo.com/ondemand/iamrohingya<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2Fondemand%2Fiamrohingya%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1XzYGZmGWtW-IjkMAji6SQedOvCXjhaBlCYapymqwVnb2mjoB6VCb9rXw&h=AT3BcDSi6w8K_3IaeEqnf6AzK-68X-kms-mC5BKgEfq4Ea9-irxNSZS0TqW-UFns_of5C5F9z2RvLTd_IbpJGKiGixb_nuTDOGG8zRNy4GagA-4hQjVcYfUAiYe815iC1vISqi_Nuiw2Ke_z0IA5ZDpHX4wKKo06aN7OwH6lWf7EuOL2JfEJEHeReZuJM0X8ARN-2gtbjp98UBMT-sFD3ohTC0WRK_b52S-5GR5lxMZxsFBRzrEUgEbPrzNkGLTE7JftqE5roFa58Kav5KdqD9epxnpxWCLtUFpnLDGly_0EjCZ_BVxcRsXFWO2NZXndevBxEkJMNt1W3F9nSGxDW75rB2hhYmYQjPfv_3cIZHsdyUVcCxBTL1PfeAKWAdzCPXlkyppa_rGp03g3fHZZPf35jE-HfKmqDTMtmg4d3pF90dLyW9yAFRmQ3KOUxJyjgj-aVj8lOsn_wLZTzUYYGOXbxQX_FHJnblLlten9CBc4LSu3WMQfcMBbQVJZbtR6j7ogct4o-Vlo_dRVqAP9Zx1rI12lB2Fi6H1qpdzGlwk3WlTGGS06JZFMH_RTbWG6SQxZnk7MZz26CpY4_unHBG8i59BT17W7S_5OTp3E-fOp27NsC-i13WYNTZxPQv3XRku4Mu-Xpel5dmmhzUoACmLgaDWoPfnwIwSwApDGoArBPotG>  This is shown in partnership with the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. Code: REFUGEE.

On Thursday June 18 at 1pm EST,   Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is hosting an urgent conversation  about the impact of COVID-19 on people on the move in the Americas to mark World Refugee Day. https://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/events/migration-shadow-pandemic
[https://media.msf.org/Docs/MSF/Media/TR1/5/d/f/6/MSF315485.jpg?d63723084217]<https://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/events/migration-shadow-pandemic>
Migration in the shadow of a pandemic | Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada<https://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/events/migration-shadow-pandemic>
As we mark World Refugee Day, on June 20, MSF is hosting an urgent conversation on Thursday June 18 at 1pm EST.
www.doctorswithoutborders.ca

The Canadian Council for Refugees is also celebrating with an online storytelling event from 2 - 3:30PM EDT.

Attention:

Thank you for contacting RSTP. The well-being of our staff, clients and volunteers is our highest priority. We remain closed for in-person visits during COVID-19, but we can help you over the phone or online. Check our "Contact Us" tab on our website www.rstp.ca for our phone numbers and our email address. Thank you.

Fiona Connelly, Communications | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program

c/o Catholic Crosscultural Services,

55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401,

Scarborough, ON M4X 1P1

Tel: 416.290.1700 x2405 | Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701 | fconnelly at rstp.ca<mailto:%20srichardson at rstp.ca> | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>