[PSRList] Webinar on sponsorship of LGBTQ2 refugees through the BVOR Program or LGBTI Refugee Sponsorship Pilot Project.

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca
Thu Jul 30 11:11:48 EDT 2020

Dear all,

Did you know that in 73 countries, LGBTQ2 persons are criminalized due to their sexual orientation and gender identity? Or that in more than half the world, the LGBTQ2 population is not protected from persecution? Are you also aware that LGBTQ2 refugees are amongst the most vulnerable refugees in the world?

Join RSTP, UNHCR and Rainbow Refugee for a webinar on sponsorship of refugees who flee persecution based on sexual orientation and gender identity. We will discuss the ways in which you can get involved in sponsoring these refugees through the BVOR program and the LGBTI Refugee Sponsorship Pilot Project.

When:

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 2:00 pm -3:30 pm EST

Please register for the webinar using the link below:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5239603223830329613

Please note: BVOR’s list of UN- referred refugees needing sponsorship is paused during COVID-19. RSTP also offers workshops appropriate for those wishing to sponsor relatives, friends or named cases through the PSR program. For more information, please email:info at rstp.ca

Please share the webinar with your contacts, networks and anyone that may be interested.

Regards,

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh, Refugee Resettlement Project Worker | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program |  55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X4

Tel: 416.290.1700 ext. 2403 | Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701 | paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca<mailto:paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca> | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>

Attention:

Thank you for contacting RSTP. The well-being of our staff, clients and volunteers is our highest priority. We remain closed for in-person visits during COVID-19, but we can help you over the phone or online. Check our "Contact Us" tab on our website www.rstp.ca<http://www.ccscan.ca> for our phone numbers and our email address. Thank you.