[PSRList] International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia: Recognizing the Needs of Refugees in the LGBTQ2+ Communities

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca
Fri May 17 16:30:40 EDT 2019

Dear All,
As we mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia, we reflect on the discrimination and injustice still faced by members of the LGBTQ2<https://twitter.com/hashtag/LGBTQ2?src=hash>+ communities and refugees, both in their country of origin and in their countries of asylum. LGBTQ2+ refugees are some of the most vulnerable refugees and require protection.
We currently have over 10 BVOR refugees who have been persecuted due to their sexual orientation in their home countries and are looking for sponsors here in Canada. If you are interested in getting involved and making a difference, please contact bvor at rstp.ca today.
If you or your group is interested in sponsoring these BVOR refugees but require financial support, there is currently BVOR funding available that could help with the large portion of the financial support that is required of BVOR sponsors. For more information regarding the funding, please contact BVORfund at refugeehub.ca<mailto:BVORfund at refugeehub.ca>.
On today's occasion, UNHCR Canada has released a wonderful video (please see the link below) demonstrating how a group in Vancouver, British Columbia, is making a difference in the lives of these individuals through the BVOR program.
https://twitter.com/jnbeuze/status/1129349759947431936
The needs are great and together we are making a huge difference in the lives of refugees. Have a wonderful weekend.

Regards,

Parastoo Aznavehzadeh, Refugee Resettlement Project Worker | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program |  55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 4X4
Tel: 416.290.1700 ext. 2403 | Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701 | paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca<mailto:paznavehzadeh at rstp.ca> | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube

[sah bag final]<http://www.rstp.ca/en/special-initiatives/blended-vor-program/>