[PSRList] FW: RSTP trainer in BC - Job Positing
yaraya at rstp.ca
Thu Nov 29 15:33:52 EST 2018
The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP - www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca>) provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs. Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is seeking an RSTP Trainer who will be hired on an ongoing contract. The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and implement the RSTP training and information sharing initiatives and assist refugee sponsors, including Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Groups of Five and Community Sponsors.
* Work in cooperation with the RSTP Director and Manager and other team members to develop and deliver training to sponsors mainly based in Vancouver and British Colombia (BC) and involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
* Assist in organizing and hosting an annual conference for SAHs.
* Develop specific training modules for conferences and training workshops addressing basic and advanced training needs and interests.
* Host and organize RSTP's webinars by identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions.
* Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret policy or operational changes affecting the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program and incorporate them in RSTP's training and information sharing activities.
* Update existing RSTP materials and work with others to and distribute new materials in user friendly formats and both official languages.
* Share information in various media with SAHs, Community Sponsors, Groups Five and other organizations interested in sponsoring refugees.
* Contribute to the development of written materials for posting on the RSTP website.
* Develop tools that help sponsoring groups to file successful refugee sponsorship applications and welcome and settle sponsored refugees.
* Responding to inquiries from sponsors through all media and in a timely manner.
* Liaison with CIC, UNHCR and IOM and representatives of the sponsorship community and other partners to gather and share information as well organize training sessions.
* Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress by the required deadlines.
* Administrative responsibilities as required.
* The minimum level of education required is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or related fields or the equivalent in training and experience.
* Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and or resettlement of refugees.
* Experience with and knowledge of global refugee migration system, Canada's immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required; ability to deliver service (both written and oral) in French is preferred. Additional language is an asset.
* Highly developed skills in preparing and presenting training sessions and supporting materials.
* Proven experience in research and analysis of information and presentation in clear and concise language.
* Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats.
* Experience with delivering training and network supports in a web-based environment.
* Experience in maintaining a website, writing for a website and use of social medial for training and information sharing.
* Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational video is an asset.
* Proven skill in working productively with people with diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to travel within Canada and work weekends and evenings as required.
Location: Vancouver, BC, with requirement to travel within Canada
Reports to: RSTP Manager
Salary: $51,000 - $53,000 per annum
Hours of work: 35 per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter quoting file #BC-300 in the subject line no later on Sunday December 09, 2018.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Norlinna Othman, Human Resources Generalist | Catholic Crosscultural Services
55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Toronto, ON M1P 4X4
Tel: 416.644.0816 ext. 2309 | Fax: 416.644.0819 | nothman at cathcrosscultural.org<mailto:nothman at cathcrosscultural.org> | www.cathcrosscultural.org<http://www.cathcrosscultural.org/>
Your support makes all the difference in our work with newcomers. Please donate today.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSR