[PSRList] World Refugee Day- RSTP BVOR office message

shauna jimenez sjoutdoors7 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:12:25 EDT 2017

Hi Parastoo,
The big problem with the BVOR program is that these do not count for our
very restricted number of allocations.
This means that if a SAH does mostly BVOR folks, they will limit and
eventually lose the ability to sponsor PSRs.
My experience with the BVOR program is that it serves to limit our future
ability to privately sponsor refugees and reunite families that are here
and begging us to sponsor their families members.
A strength of the initial PSR program goals is that it allows us to reunite
families.  Unfortunately, the BVOR program serves to prevent us from doing
this due to the fact that BVORs do not get counted in our limited
allocations.
The very destructive program of allocations and limits to the Private
Sponsorship of Refugees program is indeed a very sad reality on this World
Refugee Day,
Shauna