[PSRList] Time line with Group of 5 Undertaking

Bill White billwhite at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 30 14:36:21 EDT 2017

Hello Margaret,

I am one of a group of 5 who  applied for a specific Syrian  family
April 1, 201 through a program called family links which no longer
exists. We were advised  when following up   on our application twice
over many months they did  not have it. Fortunately for us we had a copy
of the  fax document to send them to show it was sent.

We had experience with the Federal Government  having  sponsored a
Syrian  family  under a SAH agreement. This experience and what we
learned from that lead us to persist in following up on our second
application.

This July they started asking us many questions and wanting copies of
already submitted documents. Part of this was likely due to their
moving of the office from Winnipeg.

  The good news  is that in early August  the family  of 6 was
interviewed in Turkey. We understand now the security check will be
undertaken which could take plus or minus 6 months.

It has been most frustrating. Had we not persisted  in making contact
with the office in Winnipeg  and subsequently  in Ottawa over the past
15 months nothing would have happened.

  I wish you success in your sponsorship.

Bill White