[PSRList] FW: PSR survey - request to share with sponsoring groups

Sathya Thillainathan sthillainathan at rstp.ca
Tue Aug 8 16:48:18 EDT 2017

Dear List Members,

I’m sharing with you a Refugee Sponsor Survey, developed by researchers at University of Toronto and York University. Please feel free to take few minutes and fill it out. The details about this survey is shared below.

kindest regards,

Sathya

Sathya Thillainathan | National Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program | Catholic Crosscultural Services
55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, ON M1P 4X4
Tel: 416.290.1700 Ext. 406<mailto:416.290.1700%20Ext.%20406> |  Toll-Free: 1.877.290.1701<tel:1.877.290.1701> | Fax: 416.290.1710<tel:416.290.1710> | sthillainathan at rstp.ca<mailto:sthillainathan at rstp.ca>,
www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>

Dear Private Sponsor,

 You are invited to participate in a web-based survey about private sponsorship of Syrian refugees.  Our goal is to learn more about private sponsors of Syrian refugees, their motivations and their experiences. Your responses to this survey will contribute to a greater understanding of Canada’s unique private refugee sponsorship program.

The survey was developed by a team of independent researchers at the University of Toronto and York University (listed below). We are not affiliated with government or any other organization. The survey is being distributed in a number of ways, and we would be grateful if you would also forward this invitation to any other private sponsors you know (in your sponsorship group or in another group), because we want to hear from as many private sponsors as possible.

 The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and your participation in the survey is completely voluntary. All information will be anonymous unless you wish to provide contact information for a follow-up interview. No one will be able to identify you, your responses to this survey will remain confidential, and no one will know whether or not you participated in the study.

 Please consider filling out the survey by accessing the following link:

Refugee Sponsor Survey.

You can also visit our website, or contact us by e-mail:

Website: https://privatesponsorship.wordpress.com

E-mail: privatesponsors at gmail.com<mailto:privatesponsors at gmail.com>

This survey is confined to private sponsors of Syrian refugees.  If you are sponsoring or have sponsored refugees from elsewhere and would like to communicate with us about your experience, please contact us by email.

Because Quebec operates a separate private sponsorship system, we are not able to survey Quebec sponsors at this time.  If you are in Quebec and wish to communicate with us about your sponsorship experience, please contact us via email.

Thank you very much for your time and participation.

 Sincerely,

Prof. Audrey Macklin

Dr. Luin Goldring

Dr. Jennifer Hyndman