[PSRList] Training on Managing Expectations in the Context of PSR - Dec 3 in Surrey BC

Ekaterina Pak epak at rstp.ca
Wed Nov 16 15:34:37 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues and Friends in BC,

We hope this e-mail finds all of you well. We would like to invite private sponsors in and around Fraser Valley to attend an upcoming training on Managing Expectations in the Context of Refugee Sponsorship and Support.
During the training we will cover the following subjects:

*        Managing expectations: What are sponsors' and refugees' expectations of each other and how can expectations be managed to avoid potential conflict?

*        Code of ethics for privately sponsoring groups: What are some ethical practices that private sponsors may wish to consider?

*        Power imbalance: How do power imbalances affect the relationship between sponsors and refugees and how can this be minimized?

*        Preparing for Long-Term: When to start preparing for Month 13? What resources are available to assist with the transition?

The session will take place on Saturday, December 3, 2016 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Fleetwood Christian Reformed Church (9165 160 St, Surrey, BC V4N 2X7). Coffee and light snacks will be provided!
Interested participants can register here: https://workshopdec3.eventbrite.ca

The event flyer is attached. Please share within your networks!

Thank you and kind regards,
Ekaterina

Ekaterina Pak  Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program
Tel: 604.254.9626 ext. 517 | Fax: 604.254.3932
MOSAIC | 1720 Grant Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 2Y7 | www.rstp.ca<http://www.rstp.ca/>