[PSRList] Webinaire: Vue d'ensemble du Parrainage Privé de réfugiés en français

Heather Donald hdonald at rstp.ca
Fri Mar 11 17:07:08 EST 2016

Dear Firouzeh and all,

For those who are receiving emails directly from refugees abroad looking
for resettlement opportunities through Canada's Private Refugee Sponsorship
program, you could direct them to the main eligibility criteria located
here:
http://www.rstp.ca/en/refugees/are-you-eligible-for-private-sponsorship-to-canada/

Certainly, the situation for Syrians in the Gulf States is challenging as
temporary residence there is directly tied to work permits. Most countries
do not have a moratorium on returns to Syria.

I think many organizations that have reached or are over capacity in terms
of the numbers of refugees their groups can support, often have a standard
reply providing links to further information about sponsorship, noting that
the organization is not accepting additional applications, providing a link
to the public list of SAHs, and asking them to register with their local
UNHCR office.

All the best,

Heather

--

*Heather Donald * | RSTP Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program
(RSTP)

Catholic Crosscultural Services| 55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401,
Scarborough, ON M1P 4X4

Tel: 416-290-1700 Ext. 401 | Toll-free: 1-877-290-1701  | Fax: 416-290-1710