[PSRList] PSR Processing in Turkey

Melissa Scott mscott at rstp.ca
Wed Aug 17 19:00:41 UTC 2016

Dear Sponsors,

In consideration of the most recent political events in Turkey, please find below a message that IRCC has shared with RSTP for the sponsoring community about the processing of PSR applications.

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recognizes that some of you may be concerned with persons you are sponsoring in Turkey given recent political events there.

In circumstances such as these, as well as with respect to refugee resettlement more broadly, delays may arise where local conditions change rapidly, which makes processing cases more difficult.

We are continuing to monitor the situation and will continue to work with the Government of Turkey to be able to finalize exit formalities as quickly as possible. However, given recent events, we do expect that there may be delays."

We will provide further information as it becomes available to us.

My best regards,

Melissa

Melissa Scott | RSTP Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program
Catholic Crosscultural Services | 55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, ON  M1P 4X4
Tel: 416-290-1700<tel:416-290-1700> Ext. 405 | Toll-free: 1-877-290-1701<tel:1-877-290-1701>  | Fax: 416-290-1710<mailto:416-290-1710>  | mscott at rstp.ca<mailto:mscott at rstp.ca>
www.rstp.ca