[PSRList] Sponsoring Syrian and Iraqi Refugees - Important Announcement

Nadine Nasir nnasir at rstp.ca
Fri Sep 25 19:16:05 EDT 2015

Hello Joanne,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in responding. Yes, you are correct.  Since 2012, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors have had to provide proof that the principal refugee applicant has “refugee status”. As per the changes announced on September 19, 2015, Syrians and Iraqis can now be sponsored by Groups of Five and Community Sponsors, even if they do not have refugee status (and proof of this status).

Therefore, Syrian and Iraqi asylum seekers can now be sponsored by: Sponsorship Agreement Holders, Groups of Five, or Community Sponsors.

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info at rstp.ca <mailto:info at rstp.ca>

Best regards,

Nadine Nasir  | RSTP Trainer | Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP)

Catholic Crosscultural Services| 55 Town Centre Court, Suite 401, Scarborough, ON M1P 4X4

Tel: 416-290-1700 Ext. 404 | Toll-free: 1-877-290-1701  | Fax: 416-290-1710  |  <mailto:nnasir at rstp.ca> nnasir at rstp.ca

 <http://www.rstp.ca> www.rstp.ca