[PSRList] Sponsoring Syrian and Iraqi Refugees - Important Announcement

Michael Wills mwills at chartwellconsulting.ca
Tue Sep 22 16:24:32 EDT 2015

Thanks Nadine. As I understand it, even before this announcement Canada did
not accept a UNHCR registration as evidence of a valid refugee status, but
instead made its own determination. So on balance (since Canada will still
be making its own determination) do you think this will change anything?
Perhaps, before, Canada required UNHCR status even though it was not enough
to ensure recognition by Canada? My church will be asking me, hence the
question.
Thanks!
Mike

--